Belfast Photo Festival Open Submission
Belfast Photo Festival is offering artist's/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field of photography, with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazine Abridged. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize of £1,000.
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between two and six photographs from a particular series or body of work AND/OR submit their Photo-book for exhibition by uploading a single PDF (no image limit).
(Note: You can submit both a photo-book and photographs of the same project, but a fee will need to be paid for both. If submitting only a Photo-book and not photographs, it will be your photo-book that will be selected for presentation and not photographic prints for exhibition)
Collectives are also welcome to apply; as a collective, you can submit up to 10 photographs (a £19 submission fee will apply for every 10 images submitted)
All submitting photographers will benefit from:
• Submission review by Photo Industry Professionals
• Opportunities for Immediate Exposure
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
• awards and cash prizes
• exhibition exposure at the Festival's main city centre gallery
• inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
• long term Festival representation and promotion
• an opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
• exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
• publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
• inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated reach of 20+ million
• international press exposure
• being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
• dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
A number finalists will be selected to have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition outdoors
For more information, visit the website: http://www.belfastphotofestival.com/#open-submission-1